Please be aware this product is being discontinued at the end of 2018. The SP700 should be considered as the alternative product at a similar price point. In most cases this product is a drop-in replacement but please check with your software provider.
The Star SP500 receipt printer is a highly sophisticated, low cost impact printer which offers an unbeatable price / performance ratio.
With high reliability, compact vertical or horizontal footprint and easy-to-use features, the SP500 can be easily integrated into most POS or hospitality solutions.
A rewind / journal option is available for audit purposes. An integral black mark sensor and optional wall mount bracket mean the Star SP500 can also be used as a ticket printer in either a manned or kiosk environment.
The Star SP500 is available in Star White or Charcoal Grey and in the following versions:
- Star SP512 Tear Bar Version
- Star SP542 Autocutter Version
Star SP500 features:
- Paper handling: "Drop-In And Insert" semiautomatic paper loading
- Print speed: 4 lines per second (upto 7.5) print speed - ESC/POS Emulation & Star print modes
- Case design: Spill resistant case design
- Interface: Serial, Parallel, USB & Ethernet interface options
- Power supply: Integral 230VAC mains PSU
- Paper width: 76mm print width
- Cash drawer: Cash drawer driver
- Reliability: 22 million lines MCBF reliability
- Operating systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7/OPOS printer drivers
- Mounting: Wall mount bracket option
- Weight: 2.0kg (Tear Bar Model)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 140mm x 225mm x 163mm
- Warranty: 4 year return to base (RTB)